The Indiana Department of Education is pleased to be offer a new professional development opportunity to support AP teachers in targeted content areas during the 2016-17 school year. Your school is invited to participate in mentoring for AP English Literature and Composition and AP U.S. History. The program connects teachers interested in enhancing their practice with mentor teachers who have deep knowledge of AP and a record of classroom.
AP Mentoring is an online program that runs from August 2016 through July 2017. Each mentee teacher collaborates with a group of up to three other mentees and one mentor. These groups meet online monthly, completing a total of 12 sessions during the school year, with short assignments between sessions.
Each AP Mentoring group will focus on topics of interest to them. Support may include practice in:
- Designing instructional experiences that help students meet the rigorous expectations of AP;
- Understanding challenging content and skills in AP English Literature and Composition and AP U.S. History;
- Applying best practices in teaching and learning;
- Identifying resources to support content and instruction;
- Persisting through challenges; and
- Collaborating with mentors and other mentees on lesson plans and strategies.
For additional information, please see: https://lp.collegeboard.org/ap-mentoring-mentee.
There is no charge for AP Mentoring. Participation is limited and is by invitation only. Teachers from invited schools will be selected on a first come first serve basis. Please take register or have your teacher(s) register for AP Mentoring by June 15, 2016 at the Jotform link below. A confirmation email will be generated from Jotform.
Registration link: https://form.jotform.com/61375036327959
We look forward to having your teachers participate in this opportunity. If you have any questions, please contact Amy Marschand at email@example.com or 317-232-9107.