Muhammad Ali Center Council of Students Application
Last year the MAC established a program maximum of 60 MACCS. We will be staying with this number again this year, which means that we’ll be looking to add 15-20 new students to the program (it’s a multi-year program). Students may come into the program during any year of their high school studies (or home school equivalent.)
What is the program about?
The Muhammad Ali Center Council of Students (MACCS) is a diverse group of young leaders, committed to improving themselves and their communities through the practice of Muhammad Ali’s six core principles: Respect, Confidence, Conviction, Dedication, Spirituality, and Giving.
· Confidence building and leadership development
· Meet and engage in dialogue with community leaders and inspirational speakers
· Encourage teamwork and develop strong communications skills
· Find their voice for social change, and understand the value and power of giving
· High school students in grades 9-12 who demonstrate the following:
o Involvement in community service or extra-curricular activities in school or community
o Potential to develop leadership skills
o Excellent attendance, good academic grades, and exemplary conduct are expected
· Students must be available to meet two evenings per month at the Center
· Students must be able to participate in learning projects throughout the year (usually on Saturdays, once a month)
Applications are due June 1, 2015 by 5:00 pm (EST). And since the application may need/benefit from external support/documents, the work on the application should not be kept for the last week. Go to: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/50864190130953.