Services to the High Ability Provided by the Advanced Program Staff:
- Screen students for individual psychological testing (K-12)
- Assist in universal screening and testing (K)
- Plan learning seminars.
- Schedule weekly educational coaching/instruction of identified elementary students.
- Monitor each student’s progress in pull-out programming and report on that progress to parents using an elementary learning plan summary report.
- Conduct parent meetings.
- Conduct meetings and staff development opportunities for facilitators of high ability students.
- Provide consultative services to School Psychological Services personnel for those students identified as Twice Exceptional.
- Curriculum enrichment/problem solving activities
- Introduction of VersaTiles® Math
- Introduction of Hands-on-Equations
- Provide and assist in developing instructional units
- Assist teachers in providing curricular adaptations
- Plan in-services and staff development
- Curriculum Development
- Characteristics of the Gifted Student
- Differentiated Instruction
- Authentic Assessment
- Product Guides
Evaluation of Program:
Evaluations of the program for high ability may be conducted in a variety of ways. These may include:
- Independent Evaluator (when deemed necessary by the BBPC)
- Qualitative Assessment